Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Nutty Lucas again....

Lucas made a gun out of Tinkertoys today. No, I am not thrilled, but I have decided (after much listening to grown-ups with experience) that boys often have gun fascination. I am trying not to comment at all on his gun-love...keeping it neutral and hoping it will fade away...eventually? At bedtime, Lucas went searching for his "gun" which he wanted to have by his bedside. He told me his gun's name was "Oldy." Apparently it was an old gun. He said that Oldy knew to only shoot bad people. "Good!" I piped up, seeing something positive to reinforce. "But sometimes he forgets," was my son's reply.

: /

4 comments:

LOUIS said...

Guns aren't really guns, you know.

Tracy said...

um...care to elaborate on that one.....
:)

Jack Krug said...

Talk to me -- I used to be a master at this problem... don't know now, though. Let's see.

(Gonna have to watch this blog better!)

Jack Krug said...

I would come out of the Saturday matinee with six guns blazing. "You're DEAD!" I'd shout at my target. "You missed me," he'd reply.
"I got you in the legs!" That was a good compromise -- gave the victim an opportunity for some heavy-duty limping without being out of the game.
Bloodthirsty to a fare-thee-well. Today I open screen doors to let flies out, so I guess the killer in me faded.