Sunday, August 24, 2008

I found out that there might actually be people other than my father that care about what I write.

Despite the fact that these people are my sister and our long-standing family buddy, they still count. A blogger has to start somewhere. Kathy and Louis, this one's for you. (I intend to make a big announcement on my facebook page that I have posted again!!!!)

This is going to be a nice random expression, very unlike the five paragraph essays that are haunting me at night as I prepare to return to teaching after a two year hiatus. Expository writing, narrative writing, persuasive writing, response to literature.....

Lucas learned to ride a bike today. I think I can safely say I have never seen the child so thrilled. He was beaming. Thanks to Daddy for teaching both kids to bike. Lucas had demended his training wheels off a few months ago....Daddy had reported back that the boy was nowhere near ready and promptly put them back on. Well the begging had begun again..."Mommy, WHEN are you going to take my training wheels OFF?!!!!" Daddy tried again today and was amazed (I think Lucas was too) at how easy it was for him. Child development is so wacky. All of a sudden my little Mama's boy is so mature and ready for everything! He started soccer this past week and begins preschool this Thursday. Everyday he is saying that he starts school tomorrow......he knows it starts in three days but he is just really ready and wants it to start....I couldn't be more happy. (This is the child who has stated he wants to marry mommy and live with mommy forever. When he was two, I think it was, he used to hug me tight and say "I'm keeping you here F-EVER!" (Not sure I'm doing those phonetics right...someday I will learn how to put a little sound byte on here...)

Emilia has met her first grade teacher and sat in her first real desk. (She sat at a table last year, much to her disappointment.) I guess we all have reason to be thrilled about now!

I have spent the whole day going through all my old papers, lessons, assignments, ideas, from my seven years of teaching. That was kind of cool. So many ideas, so little time (and such little skill at managing it.....I WILL improve in this, however.)

Okay I am going to run. Dad, we have to get together and plan the next installment of Bongy and Trabby. Mom, are you there? Kathy and Louis, a new title for you! Did you look that book up, Louis?

:) Tracy

4 comments:

Kathy said...

I liked the post on Facebook. It got me to go check out your blog right away.
Good luck with school. Heard you like it so far. That's great.

Tracy said...

Yes, I thought that was a good idea (about facebook.) :) Things are good so far....we will have to talk soon to share first week experiences!
:)

LOUIS said...

I love catching up with you this way. And, yes, thanks for the recommendation. Let me know how your teaching goes. I have taught two times now (it's a once-a-week course) and I keep getting dry-mouth.

Jack Krug said...

I didn't see anything on Facebook, so I didn't get this until.TODAY.